All Wellness News
- Navigating Uncertain Times with Hope and Optimism July 7, 2020Continue Reading
How to Adjust, Adapt and Embrace the New Normal
As we emerge cautiously from the safety of home into a world that seems comfortingly familiar yet irrefutably ...
- Pet Therapy: The Healing Power of Dogs April 1, 2020Continue Reading
Unleashed: The Healing Power of Dogs
“Who rescued whom?”
They’re already considered best friends, trusty companions and beloved members of the family. Now add to the dog’s list of accomplishments, heart ...
- Alcohol: Not Gender-Neutral December 2, 2019Continue Reading
The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-aNeutral
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women very differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine ...
- When Are the Best Years of Our Lives? November 26, 2019Continue Reading
Happiness Continuum: When Are the Best Years of Our Lives?
Is there a predetermined peak age for happiness, before which our normal outlook is gloomy and melancholy and after which we slump back into these non-euphoric ways?
Like trying to define why some people ...
- 7.22.2019: Tune Into This! July 22, 2019Continue Reading
To My Patients and Friends,
In this newsletter installment, I highlight a couple of articles that discuss the positive impacts that an active, healthy and engaged lifestyle can have upon our cognitive health. On this note (pun intended), I don’t think it’s possible to overemphasize the important role music can play in keeping our brains (and ...
- Fight Fatigue July 9, 2019Continue Reading
Wake-up Call: Fight Fatigue at Its Roots
Are these ordinary signs of aging? Exhausted throughout the day, joy in life slowly diminishing, active lifestyle becoming a distant memory. No, no and no. Feeling tired all ...
- 5.21.2019 Newsletter: Stay Calm and Read This May 20, 2019Continue Reading
To my Patients,
Here are the latest health news highlights…enjoy!
Keep those caps on
Good news: we actually can impact how we age! Telomeres—the important protective caps of genetic material ...
- Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions January 11, 2019Continue Reading
Handle with Care: Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions
We’ve all seen it played out hundreds of times, as a drug, food or habit is trumpeted as the way to lower the risk ...
- A Flu-Free Winter: Your Best Shot September 25, 2018Continue Reading
Take Your Best Shot for a Flu-Free Winter
Last year’s flu season was severe in most parts of the country and left many wondering why the flu vaccine hadn’t performed more effectively. However, it remains ...
- Aging Well, Aging Healthy…a continuing series November 20, 2017Continue Reading
HealthWise presents an ongoing look at research that provides valuable insights to help today’s seniors – and the generations set to follow – create a vibrant next chapter. We have looked at strategies to keep the aging brain healthy ...