- Kidney Stones: Treatment & Prevention September 4, 2019Continue Reading
This Too Shall Pass: Treating and Preventing Kidney Stones
More common, frequently less painful and far more preventable than reputed, kidney stones have, thankfully, entered a new era of highly effective, noninvasive procedures. We bring you ...
- Keto Diet: Right for You? August 1, 2019Continue Reading
Considering Keto: Is It the Right Diet for You?
The truth is that a silver bullet for weight loss likely ...
- 7.22.2019: Tune Into This! July 22, 2019Continue Reading
To My Patients and Friends,
In this newsletter installment, I highlight a couple of articles that discuss the positive impacts that an active, healthy and engaged lifestyle can have upon our cognitive health. On this note (pun intended), I don’t think it’s possible to overemphasize the important role music can play in keeping our brains (and ...
- Fight Fatigue July 9, 2019Continue Reading
Wake-up Call: Fight Fatigue at Its Roots
Are these ordinary signs of aging? Exhausted throughout the day, joy in life slowly diminishing, active lifestyle becoming a distant memory. No, no and no. Feeling tired all the ...
- 6.12.2019 Newsletter: Early June 2019 June 12, 2019Continue Reading
To my Patients,
Here’s a smattering of the latest health news highlights…enjoy!
How many steps?
Traditionally, we’ve thought of 10,000 steps per day as the ideal for maintaining good health. For many, this may seem daunting. However, a new ...
- 5.21.2019 Newsletter: Stay Calm and Read This May 20, 2019Continue Reading
To my Patients,
Here are the latest health news highlights…enjoy!
Keep those caps on
Good news: we actually can impact how we age! Telomeres—the important protective caps of genetic material found at the ends of chromosomes—tend to become shorter as our ...
- Medicinal Cannabis Part 2: Where We Stand Today April 12, 2019Continue Reading
Part Two: Where We Stand Today
Now, we find ourselves in relatively uncharted territory.
Although the production, use, and sale of Cannabis Sativa remains illegal at the federal level, most states have relaxed their own restrictions to one degree ...