- Antibiotics: Are You Aware? January 16, 2020
Are You Antibiotics Aware?
Spurred by Alexander Fleming’s serendipitous discovery of penicillin in 1928, antibiotics have rightfully become wonder drugs, often able to change the course of deadly bacterial infections in a matter of ... Continue Reading
- In the News: Dr. Leibowitz Named a 2020 Fairfield County Top Doc January 3, 2020
Congratulations to Dr. Larry Leibowitz, recognized for the fourth year in a row as a Top Doctor in Fairfield County by the prestigious New Canaan, Darien + Rowayton Magazine. Dr. Leibowitz graciously took the opportunity to express appreciation to his patients at Matrix Personalized Medicine, writing: “The transition to this new and improved practice model ... Continue Reading
- Complimentary Introductory Acupuncture Session for Concierge Patients December 20, 2019
- 12.12.2019: Some End-of-Year Stocking Stuffers December 10, 2019
There’s been a lot of interesting medical news in the last few weeks… enjoy these highlights!
A deeper dive
- Alcohol: Not Gender-Neutral December 2, 2019
The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-aNeutral
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women very differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine glass ... Continue Reading
- When Are the Best Years of Our Lives? November 26, 2019
Happiness Continuum: When Are the Best Years of Our Lives?
Is there a predetermined peak age for happiness, before which our normal outlook is gloomy and melancholy and after which we slump back into these non-euphoric ways?
Like trying to define why some people are ... Continue Reading
- Prescription Drugs, From Pickup to Takeback November 26, 2019
Safe Passage: Navigating Your Prescription Drugs, From Pickup to Takeback
If you are not taking your prescription medications as directed (or at all), you’re far from alone: Compliance is estimated at just 50% among U.S. patients. Unfortunately, adherence is a direct impact on quality and length of life, and overall healthcare costs, accounting for up to ... Continue Reading
- 10.14.2019: The meat of the matter, in short. October 14, 2019
To my Patients and Friends,
Here are some important health news items…enjoy!
Short people draw the short straw
According to a study recently reported in the Journal of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes, short people are at increased risk for developing type 2 diabetes ... Continue Reading
- 9.9.2019: A Blue Light Special September 6, 2019
To my Patients and Friends,
Here are some of the latest interesting health news highlights… enjoy!
Too much of a good thing
- Kidney Stones: Treatment & Prevention September 4, 2019
This Too Shall Pass: Treating and Preventing Kidney Stones
More common, frequently less painful and far more preventable than reputed, kidney stones have, thankfully, entered a new era of highly effective, noninvasive procedures. We bring you ... Continue Reading