- 02.27.20 Newsletter: Interesting Health News has Sprung Forth! February 25, 2020
As we prepare for a long-awaited spring, stay warm and enjoy these medical news highlights:
Is the sun finally setting on daylight savings?
- Dr. Leibowitz in the News January 24, 2020
Dr. Leibowitz was featured in a hamlethub.com article speaking about why small businesses matter in the New Canaan community. Click here to read the article.Continue Reading
- 01.23.20 Newsletter: Resolve to Read This and Be Healthy January 21, 2020
I hope you all had a lovely holiday season … enjoy these latest medical news highlights!
Women’s blood vessels age more rapidly than previously believed
Interesting new research brings into question the conventional notion that men develop cardiovascular disease more rapidly than women. ... Continue Reading
- Antibiotics: Are You Aware? January 16, 2020
Are You Antibiotics Aware?
Spurred by Alexander Fleming’s serendipitous discovery of penicillin in 1928, antibiotics have rightfully become wonder drugs, often able to change the course of deadly bacterial infections in a matter of ... Continue Reading
- In the News: Dr. Leibowitz Named a 2020 Fairfield County Top Doc January 3, 2020
Congratulations to Dr. Larry Leibowitz, recognized for the fourth year in a row as a Top Doctor in Fairfield County by the prestigious New Canaan, Darien + Rowayton Magazine. Dr. Leibowitz graciously took the opportunity to express appreciation to his patients at Matrix Personalized Medicine, writing: “The transition to this new and improved practice model ... Continue Reading
- Complimentary Introductory Acupuncture Session for Concierge Patients December 20, 2019
- 12.12.2019: Some End-of-Year Stocking Stuffers December 10, 2019
There’s been a lot of interesting medical news in the last few weeks… enjoy these highlights!
A deeper dive
- Alcohol: Not Gender-Neutral December 2, 2019
The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-aNeutral
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women very differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine glass ... Continue Reading
- When Are the Best Years of Our Lives? November 26, 2019
Happiness Continuum: When Are the Best Years of Our Lives?
Is there a predetermined peak age for happiness, before which our normal outlook is gloomy and melancholy and after which we slump back into these non-euphoric ways?
Like trying to define why some people are ... Continue Reading
- Prescription Drugs, From Pickup to Takeback November 26, 2019
Safe Passage: Navigating Your Prescription Drugs, From Pickup to Takeback
If you are not taking your prescription medications as directed (or at all), you’re far from alone: Compliance is estimated at just 50% among U.S. patients. Unfortunately, adherence is a direct impact on quality and length of life, and overall healthcare costs, accounting for up to ... Continue Reading